Personal Information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address and an email address or other contact information, whether at work or at home. In general, you can visit Alacritech’s Web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself.
If you choose to provide us with your Personal Information on the Web, we may transfer that Information within Alacritech or to Alacritech’s third-party service providers, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. We will not sell the Personal Information that you provide.
The Site is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 13, and we will not knowingly collect information from such persons. Any person who provides information to us through registration or in any other manner on the Site represents to Alacritech that they are 13 years of age or older. If we learn that a child under 13 has submitted personal information to us, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
Collection of Information
We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information (as described below) and the page you request.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Some of our Web pages utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Web site activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a Web user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the Web site.
Alacritech uses Personally Identifiable Information for several general purposes:
- to provide you with product and service information, demos, marketing information and news,
- to support Alacritech products and services,
- to contact you for feedback about Alacritech products and services,
- to conduct research about Alacritech or Alacritech products and services,
- to notify you of technical updates or changes in policy, or
- to contact you for marketing and promotional purposes.
We may use non-Personally Identifiable Information such as demographic data to analyze and develop our marketing strategy and further improve the Site and our products and services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- when we have your consent to share the information.
- if sharing the information is reasonably necessary to provide a product or service that you have requested (if your information is shared with third parties we will only provide the information reasonably needed to deliver the service, and ask that such companies do not use your information for any other purpose).
- to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information we think you would like to hear about either from us or from our business partners.
- if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, in connection with litigation, to prevent a crime, or to protect personal safety, the public, or the Site.
- in connection with a sale or merger with another entity or if Alacritech should ever file for bankruptcy or have its assets sold to another entity.
Alacritech may also share non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties.
You may correct, amend, or delete your Personally Identifiable Information by contacting us here.
We are committed to protecting Personally Identifiable Information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access, and destruction. Alacritech takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information. While we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us in all cases.
Third Party Sites
The Site may contain links to other sites. Alacritech is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when leaving the Site to read the privacy statements of each site that collects Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information collected on the Site may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Alacritech or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using the Site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
1995 North First Street, Suite 200
San Jose, CA 95112